Full Life Care is seeking a Controller who is a highly motivated leader to handle high-level accounting, managerial accounting, and oversee the financial activities of the organization.
As head of the accounting department, the Controller will manage and supervise all aspects of accounting from cash receipts to payroll and accounts payable. Will report to the VP of Finance and will assist with the development of internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of accounting; billing, financial statements, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, and various special analyses;
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations;
- Oversee payments of all accounts; ensuring all accounts are paid on time;
- Process accounts and collecting payments;
- Oversee all payments made for debts, bank loans, and other large quantities of money;
- Monitor cash and funding balances;
- Keep an organized filing system of all accounts, statements, transactions, payments, and debts;
- Prepare and organize financial statements for record and review;
- Prepare quarterly/annual financial reports as needed;
- Manage the quarterly/annual budgets and forecasts;
- Advise on financial analyses and decision-making on an ad-hoc basis with management and the VP of Finance;
- Organize information and statements for audits and both internal and external auditors;
- Define, benchmark and implement operational best practices;
- Complying with all local, state, and federal laws regarding finances, tax filings, and reporting;
- Ensuring company complies with all additional legal and regulatory requirements;
- Additional controller duties as needed;
Qualificational Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field;
- Ideal candidate has 7 to 10 years of experience in field;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) license required.=;
- Previous experience as an accounting supervisor or manager;
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite; Access, database, or other system knowledge;
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation. Experience with Netsuite a plus;
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations;
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations;
- Attention to detail;
- Able to work well with senior leadership and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members.
Join us in our vision of working toward a future where adults with serious illnesses or disabilities can be supported in the community rather than living in isolation or needing to resort to institutional care!